By Lynn S. M. [lois_and_clark_fan_at_verizon.net (Replace _at_with@)]
Submitted July, 2010
Summary: Words for superheroes (and others) to live by ...
Read in other formats: Text | MS Word | OpenOffice | PDF | Epub | Mobi
The following list just goes to show that everything from a children’s taunt to a couple of Shakespeare’s most famous quotes can be adapted to the L&C universe.
10) Young Clark: Sticks and stones may break my – Oh, never mind!
9) On Superman’s travels: A journey of a thousand miles takes about a second.
8a) Teenaged Clark, on learning to travel Super-style: If at first you don’t succeed, fly, fly again.
8b) Martha, on cooking: If at first you don’t succeed, fry, fry again.
8c) Cat, on flirting: If at first you don’t succeed, ply, ply again.
8d) Tempus: If at first you don’t succeed, go back in time, stupid!
7) Clark, on using his costume to help differentiate himself from his alter ego: Clothing makes the Superman.
6) What’s in a name? Kal-El by any other name would be as strong.
5) Tempus, the narcissist: The best thing in life is me.
4) Tempus, on defeating Herbert: All’s well that ends Wells.
3) Jimmy, on rescuing his girlfriend: A Penny saved is a Penny earned.
2) Lex, during the middle of one of his schemes: If you can’t stand the heat, get Superman out of Metropolis!
1) H.G. Wells: A stitch in time saves Utopia.